125g dried chickpeas, soaked in 500ml filtered water overnight
150g sweet potatoes
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp caraway seeds
4 Tbsp sesame oil
ground pepper and salt to taste
drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas after soaking and place in a pan with 500ml water. Bring to the boil, cook uncovered for 20 minutes. And then partially cover and cook for another 1 – 1.5 hours unitl tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut all the veg into evenly sized chunks and place them in a large baking tray, together with the herbs and caraway seeds. Toss with the sesame oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Roast for about an hour, turning occasionally to prevent burning.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas and return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the rinsed couscous. Place it in a bowl, cover with hot, filtered water, and leave to soak for 10minutes.
- To serve, separate the grains of couscous with a fork and place on dinner plates. Add vegetables and drizzle with a little lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve with flat breads.
If you have a recipe that is great tasting and good for you and you would like to share it with us please send it to me at email@example.com